Sunday, December 21, 2008

360,359

E and the lunch boxes. At work, I noticed that one of the nurses was searching around for 'something' in the areas where extra stuff gets stuck. It seems she was looking for lunch boxes. Or at least that's what I call them. Sometimes reps give them out, or someone goes to a workshop and comes home with some. Usually nylon ripstop outside with a bit of insulation and vinyl inside. I thought she just needed one, but no..she was looking for a big stash (unfortunately we don't have one). It seems that she is involved with a group working with the homeless. And they like to use them to give out and fill them with such things as power bars, soap..whatever they can gather up. I mentioned to her that I knit, and like to knit hats and would love to contribute. I neglected to mention that I knit slowly. Eeek...do you think they'll still need wool hats in June? I guess after the holidays and the mittens are off the needles I'd better get busy.

Friday night found me going with Mac, T and T to Kohl's and Hastings. Ty was getting Christmas gifts for his gf. T and I were 'helping' and just generally enjoying each other. It was grand! I had such a good time. Everyone got along and nobody did the snark thing. And it had been ever so long since we'd had an outing like that. I hope it happens again a bit sooner.

The local Sunday paper comes in the mail on Saturday. I scanned the usual crap and the letters to the editor and folded it back up. Call me in denial. I choose to not fill my mind with bs. Someone else can read it. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't all one-sided. The only way 'our' side can be heard is to buy ads. And who has that kind of money at this time of year. I just want to spit on them.

Enough of that. Saturday was the usual shopping for food, housework etc followed by a nap filled with bad dreams. Thank you newspaper. Knitted and watched Bones dvds last night and slept like a top. At least the bad dreams only lasted for a tiny bit in the afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan
    Thank you for the comment on my rant alert post. It makes me feel better to know I'm not the only person mad at my church! People just don't get how hard caregiving is or else they're afraid they're going to catch Alz. I don't know. I hope as time goes on your anger will ease as I hope mine will too. hugs to you.
    Anita at www.readknitsingclog.blogspot.com'

    ReplyDelete